Let’s face it, cats have to do their business – and there’s nothing that you as their parent can do about it. The best course of action is to provide your cat not only with a litter box but also a way to keep it hidden from everyone’s view.
A more stylish way to conceal litter boxes exists with the use of cat litter box furniture. These furniture pieces contain the unsightly, and sometimes smelly, cat litter box. Cat litter box furniture pieces will fit perfectly into the décor of your home while still providing the privacy your cat needs to do their business.
What to Consider When Buying Cat Litter Box Furniture
If you share your home with a cat, litter box furniture is something worth considering. Naturally, cats love to have a concealed and discreetly placed litter box, possibly in your home’s low traffic area. But if your home is small, you may not have a secluded area to place your litter box. Cat litter box furniture comes in many colours, styles, and finishes, guaranteeing that your selection will be a décor friendly solution.
When looking to buy cat litter furniture, look out for:
- Type of Furniture: The majority of cat litter box furniture have designs that resemble end tables or benches, and some options come as flowerpots or ottomans.
- Size of Furniture: You must ensure that the internal dimensions of your cat litter box furniture of choice are large enough for your kitty’s litter tray. There should also be enough space within for the cat to roam about while doing their private business.
- Materials of Construction: Solid wood, while being the choice for high-end cat litter box furniture, is costly. Laminated particle boards, wood veneer, and composites of plastic with other materials are not only more available; they are affordable and urine resistant.
- Assembly: You may get litter box furniture that arrives packaged flat, and it’s up to you to decipher its technical set-up manual. See that you are comfortable with assembling a flat packed cat litter box, and make sure any extra tools that are not provided are available.
- Finish Colour: There are plenty of options available for your litter box finish, with some having wood grain or deep mahogany hues. Plain colours such as white are also popular with many décor conscious cat parents.
- Home Space: An ideal choice for pet parents hard-pressed for space would be cat litter box furniture that doubles as an end table, storage cabinet, or another home décor item.
The Best Cat Litter Box Furniture Reviews
Apart from its function, the best cat litter box furniture is fashionably modern and artistically pleasant for the interior or exterior of your home. The following is a list of the best litter box furniture pieces:
This bench-style cat litter box is water-resistant on the inside and large enough to accommodate self-cleaning litter trays. The Unipaws Cat Litter Box Enclosure has an optional divider to create two compartments inside the enclosure. If using this for your cat’s litter box, having two compartments can help eliminate litter from being tracked through your home.
With total dimensions of 75 by 54 by 51 cm, this box is a nice size for your cat and as a sitting bench. It also has magnetic closures on the doors and comes in white, grey, and espresso colours.
- Top supports up to 68 Kg.
- Spacious to accommodate most sizes of litter trays.
- Door panel can be mounted on either side for your needs.
- Durable product made with quality wood and metal hinges.
- Easy to assemble.
- Fits standard litter box sizes.
- Includes an optional divider.
2. Pawhut 2 in 1 Wooden Litter Box Toilet Cat Home
This is a simple but elegant stand that’s 50.5 cm tall and can double as an end table or nightstand. The Trixie House for Cat Toilets comes in white or brown and has an opening in the front for your feline. While the non-laminated wood has no liner, the door also opens the entire front side of the box for easier cleaning.
You’ll have to be selective about the litter box you buy to go inside. Cat litter boxes that are standard size should fit nicely, without obscuring the opening for your cat.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor placement.
- Easy to assemble.
- Has ventilated back paneling.
- Fits standard litter boxes.
This cat cabinet is classy with its clean, white design. It has a drawer that can be used for personal things or to keep cat treats and toys close at hand while you’re out of sight. The front door has a hole for your cat to enter through but also opens for easy cleaning. It has a magnet closure ensuring it won’t get pushed open by your cat.
With a base that is 48 by 52 cm, it has plenty of room for your cat without being overly large for any rooms in your home. This allows litter boxes or a cat bed to be nicely tucked away providing a personal space for your cat.
- Storage drawer for kitty accessories.
- Quick and easy to assemble on your own.
- Additional ventilation slots for increased ventilation.
- Fits standard-sized litter boxes.
This cat litter box furniture employs a novel approach with its cabinet section, and a space between the cabinet and the top shelf. Perfect as a nightstand or end table, the Cherry Tree Furniture Bastet Wooden Cat Cave has access to the cat cave with a cat-head shaped hole.
The litter box area in this lovely enclosure measures 39.5 by 44.5 by 43 centimeters, allowing nice room for a pet bed or litter tray. The cat-shaped entrance is simple, adding a bit of fun to the sleek design of this furniture.
- Easy to assemble.
- Decorative and functional.
- Affordable cost.
- Modern design.
- Includes shelving above for storage.
Benefits of Having Cat Litter Box Furniture
Litter boxes and their contents are the worst part of accommodating your pet. Most of the time, a basic litter box will do just fine, but then again you’d like to have a clean smelling and pleasant looking home. At the same time, your cat would like a quiet, hidden place to relieve themselves.
Upgrading your open-air exposed cat litter box to a litter box furniture piece has its benefits. These benefits include:
- Doubling up as an end table, nightstand, or even a flowerpot.
- Reducing litter tracking and odour.
- An elegant and functional combination piece that’s an improvement to your home’s appearance.
- Extra storage drawers to hold cat accessories or litter materials.
- Naturally sound absorbing, helping provide privacy which can manage your cat’s anxiety or behaviour problems.
Cat Litter Box Furniture Buyer’s Guide
In addition to factors such as colour, materials, size, weight or other design features, there are miscellaneous considerations when selecting cat litter box furniture. While most litter box covers are efficiently functional, not all designs have aesthetics in mind.
Litter box furniture features
Additional features on your cat litter box furniture should be apart of your buying process. Does your cat litter box come with additional ventilation, waterproof liners, partitions, drawers, shelves, or such? Though not a deal-breaker when you are seeking the best cat litters box furniture, additional features will increase its functionality and stretch your budget.
Parts for replacement
Another factor is the availability of parts for replacement, an essential consideration when looking at models of litter box furniture. Plastic trays, replacement door locks, and other elements should be readily available to purchase to increase the furniture’s service life.
Manufacturer’s warranty and after-sales support
When purchasing cat litter box furniture, have a look at the warranty or after-sales service offered by the manufacturer. Your litter box furniture isn’t indestructible, and there should be a warranty so it can get replaced in case of failure or damage.